Module Summary: AMP-IT-UP - Snow Day
In this module students play the role of school officials and have to decide whether to close school or keep it open based on weather forecasts. They are introduced to weather concepts and terminology and forecasting basics while learning how to read and analyze forecasts from the National Weather Service.
- Student packet for Event 1.
- Student packet for Event 2.
- Student packet for Event 3.
- Group packet for Event 1.
- Group packet for Event 2.
- Group packet for Event 3.
- Winter Weather forecast chart.
- Video - Kid Meteorologist - A video showing a girl interested in meteorology and her role in making observations.
- Video - PBS Weather Forecasting - A video that shows a TV meteorologist and how she generates forecasts using computer models.
- Video - Winter Weather Alerts - A video covering winter weather in Georgia that was filmed at the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.
- Video - Forecast and What Really Happened - A video showing a weather forecast and the weather that actually happened.
- Video - Blizzard Freak Out - A video shows a weather forecaster freaking out over a blizzard forecast in Baltimore.
- Video - Event Recaps - Recaps of events 1 -3.
- Video - Lightning and College Football - A video of how lightning can disrupt and delay college football games.
Complete Set of Module Files:
Advanced Manufacturing and Prototyping Integrated To Unlock Potential (AMP-IT-UP)
is made possible by a grant from the National Science Foundation (Award Number: 1238089)